Saturday, 8 August 2026



A very clear and vivid crucifixion scene




  

                  Ive never seen such a violent depiction of martyrdom in a church window before



 


 You cannot be serious with those" what3words " co-ordinates. They are generated at "random " apparently.

 

Today ive had a really good ride out on my bike along a new canal ive found that is about an hour away. Passing a church ive never seen before always has me excited to check them out. There is usually something un-expected inside. 

The three "random " words are part of a grid reference system for the UK. Instead of using co-ordinates words are seen as simpler to remember or repeat to others. The words are often suspiciously un-random though. There again they say that even a broken clock tells the right time twice each day.

4 comments:

  1. The images of the saints being stoned and beaten with the club are jarring. They almost make the crucifixion scene appear less traumatic. I wonder though if the church would make stained glass windows depicting all the things it has done in the name of religion.

    The defribrillator is becoming a common object these days in all public places. Wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both good points you make there. Where ever I go now I see an ambulance flying past now. They are constant and nobody asks why. I was noticing today how ill middle aged people are looking. I think after our parents pass our generation will soon follow much sooner than we think unfortunately.

      Delete
    2. They say that Gen X looks very young for their age, while Millennials are Gen Z are aging rapidly. I think a lot of Gen X rebelled against the vaccines, at least here. I keep hearing of people in their 20's, 30's, and 40's passing away every day. Many actors too and people in media.

      Delete
    3. (Sorry about the mispelled words in my comment. I don't want to delete it and type it again, so I'll just leave it.)

      Delete