I seem to have coped much better with this intensely hot summer, and I was wondering why. Then it struck me. Here is what I'm thinking has helped...lol
The weight loss might be a healthy thing though, no? I also lost about ten pounds because I wanted to. Blood thinners are probably a pain to deal with though as they interfere with certain foods and drinks. Hopefully you don't have to take them permanently.
Well, I used to work in healthcare, so I recall that blood thinners shouldn't be taken with foods high in vitamin K like brussel sprouts, cabbage, kale, and neither with grapefruit or cranberry. And of course, no liquor. There are some other things like turmeric and garlic, and ginger that can interfere and make the blood too thin. The people I worked with often took warfarin or coumaden. Coumadin is in fact related to turmeric which is why people taking blood thinners shouldn't take anything in it with turmeric. I'm not sure if you're keen in Indian food, but some of their food has turmeric in it.
The weight loss might be a healthy thing though, no? I also lost about ten pounds because I wanted to. Blood thinners are probably a pain to deal with though as they interfere with certain foods and drinks. Hopefully you don't have to take them permanently.
ReplyDeleteIve not had any side effects so long may that continue. What foods do they interfere with and how ?
DeleteWell, I used to work in healthcare, so I recall that blood thinners shouldn't be taken with foods high in vitamin K like brussel sprouts, cabbage, kale, and neither with grapefruit or cranberry. And of course, no liquor. There are some other things like turmeric and garlic, and ginger that can interfere and make the blood too thin. The people I worked with often took warfarin or coumaden. Coumadin is in fact related to turmeric which is why people taking blood thinners shouldn't take anything in it with turmeric. I'm not sure if you're keen in Indian food, but some of their food has turmeric in it.
DeleteSorry about the typos. I'm just going to leave my comment as is.
Delete