Tuesday, 4 August 2026

And in he just sailed right in

 Today the man whom I considered had some very interesting vampirish traits called at our farm to collect some stray sheep. This is a very rare occurrence, as we usually go to his farm, as its our sheep that have often strayed. That is not even a common event either, as some years we dont even go there at all.

The farm is up a small road at the very top of an adjacent valley. It is always an event to go there due to the families quirkiness, or sometimes plainly blunt observations. There is a sheep pen that is only accessible by going through a pitch black room with no windows. Well it is pitch black if you dont prop one door open whilst you reach the one on the far side. I found this out when I followed one brother through the room, and he just let the door swing shut resulting in total darkness for a second. That was like something out of a film. 

He than asked me in a whiney, creepy voice if I though some sheep smelled " strange " You can see why my imagination runs wild...lol

So with what I last posted so recently on this blog, I took an especially good look at him today. He is an eccentric character with a high pitched whiny voice. He is short with eyes a little too close together. His face is more square that oblong, and he has much light coloured facial hair, not a beard, but hair. A jaundiced  moulted complexion adds to his strange appearance. This most likely is due to a medical condition, but just adds fuel to my delicious idea. Its just another fact to add to a growing list of weirdness.

I did not how ever to remember to look at his hands. His general appearance was unsettling enough. Maybe all this is just due to the isolation of the farm ? Either way I like to run with the circumstantial evidence, and entertain the fact that just maybe...

Something else very odd happend. His Landrover was so quiet as it entered the yard. The wheels made no noise over the rough concrete and when he turned around there was no scrubbing noises coming from the tyres or scrambling noise coming from loose chippings under the wheels as they turned. The engine ran so smooth like a sewing machine and no the usual diesel racket. His trailer did not rattle either. This astounded me as it is often a noisy rattling affair when some drives into the rough yard. Above all I think this unsettled me the most. Ive lived here all my life and I know the noises of this place intimately.

No comments:

Post a Comment